Search RoHo Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Drunk Visitors

Back in May, Fourth Street was the scene of the Salute! Wine Festival (a tremendous and very popular gathering around the corner from the house). I didn't make it up there this year...when I was ready to check it out, that's when the rains were coming. I had other plans for my evening, though, as seen in a previous blog post.

At the end of that evening, I was enjoying getting started with the second season of Damages on DVD, and I'd refilled my plate with some of the fried shrimp and some cocktail sauce, and as I headed to the stairs, I noticed a woman creeping up onto my porch.

Turns out some rather drunk folks were headed out after their day at the wine festival, but the house caught their eye, and they could especially see the woodwork and wanted a closer look. So I let them in to look around a bit. I thought too late about snapping their picture for a blog entry.

Next day, I discovered that they must have pilfered a Foothills Brewing Company glass, because there it sat on my front porch.

I don't suppose one can ever have too many Foothills Brewing Company glasses. Into the dishwasher it went, and now it sits on a shelf waiting a chance to be filled with a frosty brew...from my own fridge here at home.

No comments: