Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

W-S Journal's Recap on Cycling Sunday

Sounds like this past weekend's Cycling Sunday was a hit, and I'm glad about that. There are all kinds of things that can be happening downtown, and setting aside a day for kids and adults to bike around for two or three hours seems like a pretty darned good one.

And while I muttered a couple of days ago about wishing there were better warning given about when one's street is going to be closed (and better coordination so it doesn't happen two days in a row), I actually wish the Winston-Salem Criterion bike race still zipped past the house each September. (I think that event moved over to Hanes Park and the West End neighborhood.)

Maybe when Cycling Sunday rolls around again, I'll pump up my flat bicycle tire and hop out there for a few laps myself. My body could use the exercise.

No comments: