Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Desserts and Goodies

This final Sunday in May had as a primary focus creating some good desserts in anticipation of Monday's big "Thanksgiving on the Half-Year" dinner. First on my agenda was this perverted version of a stone fruit cobbler:



It's fresh sliced pears and peaches, some ginger, and ample helpings of butter and sugar, topped with cubes of brioche. This led to it being nicknamed "BrioShit-That's-Good-Cobbler."

I also worked on some chocolate espresso cookies with white chocolate chunks (which I'd tried once before). There's still some tinkering to be done with this recipe, because the cookies do not spread when they bake and instead stay as a big rounded lump. Hence, the fork tine marks where I mashed those suckers down. Those who sampled them seemed to think they were decent, though.



And let me assure you: that fresh-made pear cobbler was mighty fine with a scoop or two of my recently-made vanilla ice cream.

No comments: