Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Delights of a Downtown Day



Now see, here's one of the things I like about living downtown: the several things I needed to take care of today were all in easy walking distance from the house. I wanted to check for some green tomatoes, and right there on Cherry Street near the Convention Center is (1) Ronnie's County Store. It's the end of the month, so I could walk over to (2) Piedmont Federal on East Third Street and pay my mortgage. Then, since I'm out of the baby aspirin I take daily, I stepped over to (3) CVS pharmacy before swinging by the University of North Carolina School of the Arts box office at the (4) Stevens Center. Tonight and tomorrow night, I'll be headed to the screenings of the 3rd and 4th year filmmaking students' projects.



I could also have walked to Ollie's Bakery, down Brookstown Avenue from the house, but I made that a driving trip when I was running other errands today.

No comments: