Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Meal No. 89: Pizza with Pizzazz

It might be because I know this blog has a frightfully small readership that I'm willing to confess that I've never actually made a pizza from scratch before. My claims to pizza fame are buying a better frozen one and then adding some freshly-cut sweet peppers and cheese to it before chunking it into the oven for the requisite heating spell. So on this fine mid-April Sunday, I got a little hankering to make pizza for the first time. I had a nice semolina pizza crust mix that I'd gotten sometime back from King Arthur Flour, and I went ahead and grabbed a ready-made crust in case I went for a second pizza. I looked back through some recipes I'd clipped and put aside but also looked at the ingredients list on the online menus from Mellow Mushroom and UNO pizzeria. I ended up making two pizzas, because once I got started, I didn't want to stop. Pizza No. 1 Semolina crust, pesto base. fresh mozzarella, garlic spiced shrimp, asiago cheese, parmesan cheese, carmelized Vidalia onion, portabella mushroom, and some olive oil. Pizza No. 2 Pesto base, fresh mozzarella, sliced Roma tomatoes, yellow and orange bell peppers, asiago cheese, feta cheese, and cheddar cheese.

No comments: