Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Paving Broad Street

Looking out back of the house last week, towards Broad Street, gave me a chance to see the spectacle of a burning car. This week, the activity back on Broad is its repaving, all part of getting the area ready for the opening next week of the new downtown BB&T Ballpark, the new home of our minor-league Winston-Salem Dash baseball team.



Since I get to use Broad Street so much, especially coming and going via the downtown expressway, I'm happy to see its upgrade. It had gotten pretty rough and bumpy. And I hope all the plans for how to funnel traffic and parking will fall into place, but that may be an area of some bumpiness too, while all the kinks are worked out.



This is a shot from Broad Street at its intersection with Fourth; the house can be seen almost dead-center in the picture:



I went up on top of the Wachovia Center's parking deck to get this next shot; you can see the house off and to the right.



And here's one final photo on the topic of the paving of Broad Street: it's now smooth sailing in my sweet VW CC...

No comments: