Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Baseball Is My New Neighbor

You know, although a few vocal residents over in the West End Neighborhood were terribly antsy in the planning stages about the noise from the new BB&T Ballpark, I think I am going to welcome the noise of the loudspeakers, the roars of the crowd, the cracks of the bats, and the occasional celebratory fireworks that will all be a part of the Winston-Salem Dash seasons each summer.

Opening night was Tuesday, and although the Dash lost, they have made up for it with their next two games. I'm excited about walking over to a game one of these days when my schedule permits.

Seems to me this is another good thing for downtown, and I'm ready to see what else might grow out of this addition to life and living in the heart of Winston-Salem.

1 comment:

brumley451 said...

i would be more excited if the Dash had a better mascot....or perhaps they were called the Hyphens.