Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballpark

BB&T Ballpark

Here's something else all this spring weather is doing to me: making me all the more excited that the new downtown baseball stadium is getting very nearly completed. We are under a month away from the anticipated opening day of play at the recently-named BB&T Ballpark, home of the Winston-Salem Dash. While there were some nervous nancies all hyped with worry about noise and lights and such in their neighborhood, I'm hoping that those concerns prove unfounded or, at least, not on the order of something to fuss a lot about. I also think people shouldn't kid themselves about what it means to live downtown.



When I lived in Winston-Salem 20 years ago, some of us were regulars for Thirsty Thursdays at the Winston-Salem Spirits home games at Ernie Shore Field, out near the Coliseum. Ah, but to be living within walking distance of this venue: now that's another plus of downtown dwelling.

No comments: