Search RoHo Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Beauty of the Final Friday of March 2010



Spring has definitely arrived, and the glorious sunshine of this morning drove me outside with my camera to try to snap a few more shots before the promise of afternoon rain moved in.



There's something about the Spring Street view of the house that I really like, as noted above. My eye looks right past the telephone poles and wires and street signs and such and settles on this cool old house.

If you went to the back of the property and stood up on the back wall and looked east toward the City of Winston-Salem, this is what you would see:



Not sure what it is about my Bradford Pear tree, but it blooms a short time and quickly gives way to the new green leaves. That does not seem to be the case for all the pear trees up and down the local streets: they started blooming first and are continuing to hold their blooms. It's why, with my travel schedule, I usually miss most or all of the pear tree's spring glory, darn it.

No comments: