Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Proper Doors & Screen

I headed down to Lowe's today and ordered the permanent fireplace screen/doors. At the last minute, I decided to go with the more attractive gunmetal grey instead of the black that I really ought to have. There were several styles to choose from, and my frustration with bifolding doors left me to go with two single panels that will stand wide open when the fire is going but will look good when they are closed up. Upon my return, I cleaned up the ashes from last night's second fire and have already set up for the next fire, which will probably be when I've returned from working out of town this week.

So far, so good with using the fireplace. It's good to know that I can still have a source of heating when the power is out, but there's also just that really nice feeling you get from a good wood fire. Next chore: to track down a good source of firewood by the truckload, so that I don't get stuck in a "bundles from Lowe's" loop. Although I might add: the wood bundles from Lowe's have been really good burning wood: nice and dry and solid and appropriately-sized.

No comments: