Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cool Doors for a Hot Place

Lowe's called while I was on the road this week and let me know the firescreen/doors had come in. That means they're here almost two weeks earlier than promised, and I'm okay with that. So this afternoon I drove the Tundra down there and picked them up, and once I got home I jumped right on getting them properly installed. Actually, it's a pretty easy process. I'm just glad to have them now. I'll feel safer heading to bed after an evening's fire has burned down, and I'll be happy to avoid having my heat dash up the chimney when I've had to leave the flue open all night.



I think they're looking pretty sweet. And now that I've installed them, I'm actually okay with getting gunmetal instead of black, because the doors give off the color of black and it helps them tie into everything else in the kitchen area. I'm liking them. Plus, they really remind me of the fireplace at my good friends' house (Cindy Coulson and Harley Knowles) up in Winchester, where I'd spent many a night (before they up and moved to Maine).

No comments: