Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Meal No.36: Cumin-Rubbed Pork Loin with Jalapeno-Oyster Sauce

A $10 purchase at Edward McKay's Used Books here in Winston-Salem got me The Bon Appétit Cookbook, and I'm glad I made that investment. It led to a mighty fine meal for my thirty-sixth effort in the new kitchen: cumin-rubbed pork loin with a wild mushroom sauce that included jalapeno and oyster mushrooms. Yummy.

[Editor's Note: There is a pretty good stretch of Roediger House meals in the early days of the new kitchen for which there are no pictures and no blog entries. I still wanted them to be recorded, as long as the blog serves that purpose so well, so I made some efforts both in 2011 and in early 2016 to at least post what those meals were on the proper dates.]



"Cumin Pork Roast with Wild Mushroom Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook, by Barbara Fairchild. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons (2006), p. 299.

No comments: