Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Meal No. 32: A Big Birthday Dinner

While there are no pictures to capture the really fantastic over-the-top meal I made for a crew of five of us, it was a great evening that allowed me to celebrate my birthday just the way I wanted to: making a huge dinner and having folks over to partake of it with me.

On the menu: crab cakes with lime chili ailoi, spicy rub grilled beef tenderloin, twice-baked stuffed baked potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and maple whole wheat loaf bread. For dessert, two options: lemon velvet tart or black bottom pecan cheesecake pie.

[Editor's Note: There is a pretty good stretch of Roediger House meals in the early days of the new kitchen for which there are no pictures and no blog entries. I still wanted them to be recorded, as long as the blog serves that purpose so well, so I made some efforts both in 2011 and in early 2016 to at least post what those meals were on the proper dates.]

No comments: