Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 8, 2009

It's a Taos-Up

Hi there. I'm in Taos, New Mexico, enjoying a chance to be here again and to work with teachers in a local school. Taos is a rather cool little artists' hamlet surrounded by beautiful scenery, dotted with cool restaurants and libations locales, and home to a lot of neat people. But I sure missing being at home. It was a pretty long travel day Sunday to get here: three flights and almost three hours in a rental car from Albuquerque to Taos, although I like the driving part because of all the great views.

Saturday night was Screening #2 in this third season of Starry Night Cinema at the Roediger Theatre. The film was Alfred Hitchcock's "North By Northwest," which is always a great film to see. This was a much smaller gathering--must've chosen an awful time for many people--but the weather was about as perfect as it could be and it was still a terrific night. More movie nights to come this summer...just have to work them around the traveling that I've got coming up.

I don't have confirmation on it yet, but I think the plan was for Pete and Robert to come on Sunday and seal the counterflashing on the chimney so there won't be any more leaking up there. (I left for the airport Sunday morning at 6 am.) Today I understand Pete was back to finish installing the supply lines for the pedestal tub in the landing bathroom and to fix the toilet that cracked last week. If I understood correctly, the bannister to go around that bathroom's sunken entry and steps should be installed tomorrow morning, so I'll enjoy seeing that when I return home late Thursday night.

No comments: