Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

A Few More Visitors

It's always fun to have a chance to show friends what's been going on with the addition and renovation work. Last week, it was good to get a visit from Byron, Laura, and Noah Hoover; they took my well-meaning tour, and then Laura made it clear to Byron that with all I was doing, her request for new hardwood floors could hardly be called excessive. Over the weekend, it was also awesome to see Julie Grogan-Brown, Trevor LaFauci, and Brad Phillis from my last group of grad students at Wake Forest. They were good sports about sitting for hours in front of the fireplace, even though the two lone chairs out there were hardly enough for all of us. Tomorrow evening, I expect to see Leslie Martin (who's already beautifully re-done her own kitchen, I might add) and see what she thinks of all that I've done to this place. She'll be quite honest with me about it, I'm sure!

No comments: